Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 21, 2008

Well what can I say, I am speechless and so surprised to be awarded my very own blog. I want to thank all the people who believe in me and all those who thought I would fail, I am still standing...

Whoa, got a little carried away for a moment. I am like that, I write and write; sometimes I get a little too mellow dramatic. But if you knew me in real life, you would know that I love drama. I am just a simple guy who is going through college and trying to find myself and who I am in the midst of this crazy Topsy Tervy world. But this is what I know right now.

My name is Joe and I am gay, it's not as easy as it sounds. Try being gay when you are overshadowed by a couple of over-achiever sisters and a religious family. I mostly have to stay in the closet for right now, in fear of my secret being reveled and the harmful consequences that will occur. But once I transfer to a university and start on my own, my truth will come out and I will be free at last. But till then, the internet and my closest friends are the only ones who will know the truth.

I hope that didn't sound so depressing and dramatic, because I am not sad or depressing kind of guy. Unless I watch a sad movie or hear some depressing news on TV. But those who know me and have met me know that I am a positive person and have such a great smile to greet people with. It's hard to stay positive in a world that contently showing the bad and negative stuff that's going on. But I know not everything can be solved with a smile and a song, though sometimes I wish my life was like a musical. I mean, wouldn't be cool if you were having a great day and suddenly you just burst into song and people around would start dancing in glee because they share your same feelings for life. I would love that, and speaking of musicals. I just saw one on Sunday and it was one of the best musicals I have seen. It's called Spring Awakening and it was awesome, so raw and edgy. Full of emotion and drama, jaw dropping performances, and great music. I would recommend it to anyone that is 17 and older, because it's very mature and there is a lot of adult content in it. But it has a great message and deals with problems in today's society. I can't say more because I don't want to ruin it, but if it's back in town again, I am taking my friends to see it.

Well I have to head out and finish studying for my Sociology quiz, so have a great day people and let me know what you want to see and hear, because I want this blog to be fun and exciting.

No comments: