Saturday, October 25, 2008

October 25, 2008: High School Musical 3 Senior Year

Yesterday, I went to see High School Musical 3 on the day it came out because I have been waiting for this, since I heard they were making a third film. Many of my friends and family members didn't like the films or thought they were a waste of time. But to me, High School Musical was a musical that had great music, great characters that you can like, and good plotline.

So when the film started with a big musical number, I was tapping my foot to the beat and was totally in my element. The movie was all about graduation and the fear of going out the big world and and moving away from your friends and loved ones. So the group decided to get together and put on a musical about their final year. Of course, what would there with with out some drama, and heartbreaks and the realization of who you are and what do you want out of life.

The music was very upbeat, even for the slower ones, it was much better then the second one which I felt the director heavily used the electronic synthesizer. Also there was nice breaks between the songs to help the story develop. Another thing that I enjoyed was more of the supporting cast was able to sing little solos and parts along with the main cast.

But when the film ended with the main cast graduating, you could tell that it was end of a series, that left some room for the new cast and another film if they wanted to do another. Also the ending was well down and very emotional and realistic to watch these kids move on to better things and not just in the movie, but in reality too.

I strongly recommend this film to those who like musicals and who liked the series. I defiantly suggest watching the first two, if you never watched it before. But overall it's a wonderful film about life and growing up and pursuing your dreams. Good fun for everyone and by the time you leave the theater, you will have a smile and maybe some tears on your face and humming your favorite song from the film.

High School Musical 3 Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: