Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22, 2010: Lady Gaga's Music Video: Alejandro



When I first watched this music video, I was turned on, shocked and also a bit confused. But the more times I have watched it, I have come to like it and started to learn the dance moves.

But I have been on messages boards and other blogs that review this music video, and many of them are calling this offensive and hated this music video because its confusing and don't make sense.

But I kinda understand it, and the only thing that I have a problem with is other then the swallowing of the rosary, is the that the tone and color is darker then what the song sounds like.

What I mean by this, the song title, names and the the type of music all seems to call out Mexican and exotic. The music video is more WWII, colder and more like military.

There are many beautiful shots and sequences such as;

-Lady Gaga holding the heart with pins in it and what looks like chains while walking in front of a coffin which I'm guessing is Alejandro

-Lady Gaga watching the boys from her window, wearing futuristic opera glasses and a Elizabethan futuristic crown.

-The Dance sequence of the shirtless men dancing while Lady Gaga is watching. one of the best ones looks like two guys dancing a tango. Hot Hot Hot

-The whole sexual/bedswaping scene. Hot even for lady gaga who sports a bowl haircut.

-Her white religious outfit robe and sleek hairstyle. Hot again.

-The black and white dance segment where she danced in a black pantsuit was awesome.

-The sequence where lady gaga gets tossed around by a whole bunch of men like almost like a gang rape, while the men in the background are groping each other and acting sexual. It was hot and nasty. (Though I don't condone rape, lets make that perfectly clear.)

Overall the music video was great, but if I did it my way. I would have have more exotic, bright with lots of eye candy. And I mean EYE CANDY, such as half-naked men cavorting around in tight speedos, groping each other in a homo-erotic manner. Of course, Lady Gaga will be in between the boys singing about how she doesn't love them anymore.

A friend of mine suggested that he thought that Alejandro should been done in Burlesque manner. When he said this, I could see the music video. It would be dark, and very exotic. It would be about how she is striping at a club called Alejandro, where Alejandro loves her too much to have her stripping for money. So he tries to stop her, but she wont stop because she loves it. Hot, sexy, and nasty I love it.

Till then I can create a mock drag music video of Alejandro, for now I will have to settle for Gaga's vision.

No comments: