Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17, 2010: 2010 Tony Awards Review (Part 1)

Tony Award Pictures, Images and Photos


Well the 64th Annual Tony Awards was on this previous Sunday. Since I had to work that night, I was sad to have missed the show. But thanks to Youtube, I have been able to watch the show. Now I haven't watched the entire thing so far, so this is Part 1 of my review.

So to kick things off, a great big kudos goes to Sean Hayes to start off the show playing a medley of famous piano pieces. The man is so talented and then he kicks off the Broadway Musical Medley of the shows that are nominated and are running on Broadway. Amazing!

I loved this part the most because it gives you a sample of some of the productions and the songs. The best of the musical medley was Promise, Promise; Eternal Rapture; Come Fly With Me; La Cage Aux Folles; and Green Day's American Idiot.

Then there was a surprise mini concert of Green Day that was fun and entertaining, but I wanted to get to the opening monologue.

Sean Hayes opening monologue was so funny, but the best part of it was the surprise long graphic kiss between Kristen Chenowith and Sean Hayes. It almost was like the same kiss he did on Will & Grace with Karen Walker (Megan Mullally). It was so funny and yet so painful because Sean Hayes is gay.

Kudos to Scarlett Johansson for winning for Best Featured Actress In A Play. She gave a great acceptance speech which ran over two minutes. I was so happy to see her win.

TBC.....

No comments: